Owston Hall Hotel & Estate is a growing business with big plans for 2024 and beyond. Currently a 32-bedroom country house hotel with championship golf course, the hotel has plans to develop a brand new state of the art Spa & wellness centre as well redevelopment of all bar, restaurant and function space.
We are currently for an experienced financial controller to join our expanding team.
As Financial Controller, you will manage financial measures across the estate, ensuring maximum commercial performance. Ideally, from a self-accounting hotel background and have a strong history of delivering financial compliance and providing that all audits are up to date.
You must be currently working within financial control and management.
• Extensive knowledge of all month end/accounting procedures but especially accrued income, stock movement, accruals & prepayments
• Knowledge of Sage 50 accounts and Sage 50 payroll are essential and a working knowledge of Tevalis EPOS, Guestline PMS would be advantageous
• Self-starter, uses initiative to problem solve
• Seeks to implement and improve processes
• Strong number/analytical and technical skills
• Takes responsibility for own actions and results
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Check and reconcile all End of Day reports with EPOS sales
• Weekly/monthly Petty Cash, Stripe & Gift voucher reconciliation
• Preparing monthly transfers, journals, accruals and prepayments, promotions.
• Preparation of VAT returns
• Preparation of monthly/yearly cash flows and daily cash management.
• Process new employees and leavers in the payroll
• Preparation and processing of the end of the year Payroll duties and reconciliation, including monthly
• PAYE payments and all information relating to the submission of P11D’s.
• Manage RTI and Administration of Auto Enrolment
• Administration of systems in place
• Maintenance and programming of the EPOS system and PDQ machines.
• Prepare weekly/daily forecast and review RotaCloud for approval
Job Type: Full-time
• Company pension
• Free parking
• On-site parking
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
• Doncaster (required)
Ability to Relocate:
• Doncaster: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person